What is Resurrection Ransomware?
Resurrection Ransomware is a malicious crypto virus and has been accounted for to request the total of 1.77 BTC from its victims to reestablish documents it has encoded through the AES encryptionalgorithm upon infection. To threaten and additionally scare the victim into paying the ransom, the virus drops a payment note, named Readme.html which curiously enough plays music from the Harry Potter films. On the off chance that you have become a victim of the .resurrection file virus.
Distribution method of the Resurrection Ransomware:
The Resurrection ransomware virus intends to be spread by means of various strategies. The essential of those strategies is accepted to be through spammed email messages. Such spam mail may contain persuading messages inside It that for the most part meant to inspire victims to open either an email attachment or tap on a URL that may lead to the infection file.
Other than these strategies for contamination, different devices may likewise be utilized as a part of request to taint victims. Such might be exploit kits, fake setups, obfuscates, malicious updates. In some cases the cyber crooks may even transfer the files as fake executable in torrent websites.
Encryption process of Resurrection Ransomware:
Resurrection Ransomware chases for various sorts of records to encode. The essential documents scrambled with AES are as a rule:
- Audio files.
- Other files related to often used programs.
Ransom message of Resurrection Ransomware:
Among the activities of this ransomware infection is to drop it’s ransom note. It is named Readme.html and has the following content:
Hi, this is not your luck day because this is not a joke, all your files has been encrypted with Resurrection-Ransomware
If you waut to retrieve all of your files I recommend you follow my simple instructions because you have no way out
Send me 1.77 Bitcoin (3918 USD Dollars or 3500 Euros) to this address: 1B1encH1cncoBjH64K1JfgLF1GqoY9dwpJ
If you do not know what bitcoins are or you do not know how to buy them, I suggest you visit the official site
After making the payment please contact me email@example.com here you will receive the decryption key for your files.
You have to make payment upon expiration of this expiration you will lose forever all your files and your pc will be formatted.
I suggest you not to underestimate this message and to follow my instructions carefully……. TIC TAC THE TIME FLOWING
Methods to UninstallResurrection Ransomware from PC
Resurrection Ransomware has dropped inside your system, this creates a huge possibility that your system might also get affected by other spyware or PUPs. Manual removal process to get rid of such malware is really tough plus if any single piece of the program remains within the system it can easily regenerate inside. Manual removal process also needs much computer skills and a single mistake can put you in trouble. Crash down in the middle can take place if such things happened, that’s why security experts always suggest trying a powerful anti-malware scanner and removal tool to completely eliminate the malware or other potentially unwanted programs from the infected computer system.
AutomaticResurrection Ransomware Removal Method
To get rid ofResurrection Ransomware completely from your Windows computer system it is very important to scan your system with a powerful Anti-Malware program.
Once setup file is downloaded, double-click on it and run as admin to install the setup.
Now your scanner is successfully installed, it will launch automatically. You need to click on Scan button in order to detectResurrection Ransomware and other possible threats on your PC.
After the scanning is complete, it will display a result of threats along withResurrection Ransomware. Click on REMOVE SELECTED button on the below to removeResurrection Ransomware and other potentially unwanted programs detected.
Step 2 of Method 2– Scan your PC with another tool which is also an important step to follow. The introduced utility will let you scan and correct Windows registry key errors, fix security bugs and repair system errors as well.
2. Once it is downloaded, install the software as it appears as below. Follow the image and complete the installation of RegCure.
3. After it is downloaded and installed successfully it will automatically launch. You just need to click on System Scan option to cure the malicious entries or changes made byResurrection Ransomware or other malware.
4. Click on Fix All button available in the next window of the program. It is the necessary step to take in order to fix detected errors and malicious keys.
ManualResurrection Ransomware Removal Steps
Start Your PC in Safe Mode with Networking (Instructions for Windows XP/Vista/7)
1. Restart your PC and keep tapping on F8 function key right before when Windows logo appears. This will let your system access the Advanced Options Menu.
2. Next screen will appear with all possible selections (just like the image below). Select Safe Mode with Networking, you can make selections with the help of up/down arrow.
Start Windows 8 in Safe Mode with Networking
1. Press and Hold SHIFT+F8, as soon as you click to restart your computer system.
2. Here Advance Boot Options will not display, Win 8 will show Recovery Mode. Continue with the given steps until you see Safe Mode function.
3. Click on ‘See advanced repair options’.
4. Go to Troubleshoot if you see it.
5. Next will be Advanced Options.
6. On the next window, Windows Startup Settings are needed to be clicked here.
7. At last when you click to restart the computer system. Windows 8 will now boot into Advanced Boot Option where you can easily opt to run your PC in Safe Mode with Networking.
Next Step will be to Open your installed Anti-virus program and update it to the most recent version by automatically downloading necessary updates.
Once it gets updated, deep scan your system and removes all the identified threats. Do not try to restart your PC between the scanning process. Follow the next procedure, because you still need it.
Remove Unwanted Programs from OS/Control Panel
- Go to Start Menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Choose Add/Remove Programs
- FindResurrection Ransomware related files/programs
- Click on remove/uninstall after selecting the program
- Click on Start and then go to Control Panel
- Go to Programs and Features
- Find here programs associated withResurrection Ransomware in the appearing list of programs.
- Select the suspicious program and click on Uninstall.
- Right click on the bottom left corner of your desktop (Start Button)
- From menu (in the left) choose Control Panel
- Go to Programs and Features & click on Uninstall a program
- Locate the programs associated withResurrection Ransomware or any other suspicious programs.
- Click Uninstall button.
- Go to the bottom left corner and click on the “Ask me anything” section
- Type “Control Panel” there
- Go to the suggested Desktop app named “Control Panel”
- Now go to Programs > Uninstall a program
- Locate theResurrection Ransomware related or any other suspicious program and select them to highlight
- After that click on remove/uninstall
Resurrection Ransomware Decryption Tool
At present, we don’t have information for announced decryption tool forResurrection Ransomware encrypted files. Various computer security developers are working on it, we will announce any updated news or tool in our News Article section as soon as we get any notice related to the same.
Disclaimer: All parts of the information provided over this blog post is “as is” completely for educational purpose. Even each utility/software referred as a removal tool is just a suggestion only. We are not here for any type of guarantee/promises that methods are shown here will work surely on your PC because the situations and conditions on each computer are completely different from another. We are really Sorry if the aforementioned techniques or tools doesn’t help you removeResurrection Ransomware. Good luck to you.
Caution Message: Important warning about the (Resurrection Ransomware) threat: To proceed with manual removal process of (Resurrection Ransomware) requires interference with system and registries. Such mistakes can easily damage important system files of PC and crash it for permanent. But, even you if are not so skilled at the professional level yet you can remove (Resurrection Ransomware) in just 5 minutes, using a trusted malware removal tool.
With the last step, you have successfully removedResurrection Ransomware from your Windows System. To never experience such malware (Resurrection Ransomware) attack again you need to follow above-mentioned steps correctly.
Download the Resurrection Ransomware Removal Tool (Plumbytes/Spyhunter links) Now for a Malware-Free PC.