What is TeleBots?
The ESET specialists distinguished an extraordinary vindictive toolset that was utilized as a part of focused cyberattacks against high-value targets in the Ukrainian money sector. We trust that the main goal of attackers using these tools is cybersabotage.
Likewise with crusades ascribed to BlackEnergy group the attackers utilized spearphishing emails with Microsoft Excel records connected that contain vindictive macros as an underlying infection vector. This time malevolent records don’t have any substance with social engineering directing potential victims to click an Enable Content button. It appears that the attackers are relying upon the victims to choose totally all alone whether to click it or not.
Ordinarily, the malignant records don’t contain significant data in the metadata, however this time the metadata of the archive contains the moniker of the individual who is in charge of its modification. In addition, this moniker coordinates that of a person who is effectively imparting inside a Russian-talking group of cybercriminals. In any case, we should state that it is conceivable this was expected misleadingly as a false banner or a fortuitous event.
Malicious activities of the TeleBots:
Once a victim clicks on the Enable Content button, Excel executes the vindictive macro. The main purpose for the full scale is to drop a vindictive binary using the explorer.exe filename and after that to execute it. The dropped binary has a place with a trojan downloader family, its primary design being to download and execute another bit of malware. This trojan downloader is composed in the Rust programming dialect.
Methods to Uninstall TeleBots from PC
TeleBots has dropped inside your system, this creates a huge possibility that your system might also get affected by other spyware or PUPs. Manual removal process to get rid of such malware is really tough plus if any single piece of the program remains within the system it can easily regenerate inside. Manual removal process also needs much computer skills and a single mistake can put you in trouble. Crash down in the middle can take place if such things happened, that’s why security experts always suggest trying a powerful anti-malware scanner and removal tool to completely eliminate the malware or other potentially unwanted programs from the infected computer system.
Automatic TeleBots Removal Method
To get rid of TeleBots completely from your Windows computer system it is very important to scan your system with a powerful Anti-Malware program.
Once setup file is downloaded, double-click on it and run as admin to install the setup.
Now your scanner is successfully installed, it will launch automatically. You need to click on Scan button in order to detect TeleBots and other possible threats on your PC.
After the scanning is complete, it will display a result of threats along with TeleBots . Click on REMOVE SELECTED button on the below to remove TeleBots and other potentially unwanted programs detected.
Step 2 of Method 2– Scan your PC with another tool which is also an important step to follow. The introduced utility will let you scan and correct Windows registry key errors, fix security bugs and repair system errors as well.
2. Once it is downloaded, install the software as it appears as below. Follow the image and complete the installation of RegCure.
3. After it is downloaded and installed successfully it will automatically launch. You just need to click on System Scan option to cure the malicious entries or changes made by TeleBots or other malware.
4. Click on Fix All button available in the next window of the program. It is the necessary step to take in order to fix detected errors and malicious keys.
Manual TeleBots Removal Steps
Start Your PC in Safe Mode with Networking (Instructions for Windows XP/Vista/7)
1. Restart your PC and keep tapping on F8 function key right before when Windows logo appears. This will let your system access the Advanced Options Menu.
2. Next screen will appear with all possible selections (just like the image below). Select Safe Mode with Networking, you can make selections with the help of up/down arrow.
Start Windows 8 in Safe Mode with Networking
1. Press and Hold SHIFT+F8, as soon as you click to restart your computer system.
2. Here Advance Boot Options will not display, Win 8 will show Recovery Mode. Continue with the given steps until you see Safe Mode function.
3. Click on ‘See advanced repair options’.
4. Go to Troubleshoot if you see it.
5. Next will be Advanced Options.
6. On the next window, Windows Startup Settings are needed to be clicked here.
7. At last when you click to restart the computer system. Windows 8 will now boot into Advanced Boot Option where you can easily opt to run your PC in Safe Mode with Networking.
Next Step will be to Open your installed Anti-virus program and update it to the most recent version by automatically downloading necessary updates.
Once it gets updated, deep scan your system and removes all the identified threats. Do not try to restart your PC between the scanning process. Follow the next procedure, because you still need it.
Remove Unwanted Programs from OS/Control Panel
- Go to Start Menu
- Click on Control Panel
- Choose Add/Remove Programs
- Find TeleBots related files/programs
- Click on remove/uninstall after selecting the program
- Click on Start and then go to Control Panel
- Go to Programs and Features
- Find here programs associated with TeleBots in the appearing list of programs.
- Select the suspicious program and click on Uninstall.
- Right click on the bottom left corner of your desktop (Start Button)
- From menu (in the left) choose Control Panel
- Go to Programs and Features & click on Uninstall a program
- Locate the programs associated with TeleBots or any other suspicious programs.
- Click Uninstall button.
- Go to the bottom left corner and click on the “Ask me anything” section
- Type “Control Panel” there
- Go to the suggested Desktop app named “Control Panel”
- Now go to Programs > Uninstall a program
- Locate the TeleBots related or any other suspicious program and select them to highlight
- After that click on remove/uninstall
TeleBots Decryption Tool
At present, we don’t have information for announced decryption tool for TeleBots encrypted files. Various computer security developers are working on it, we will announce any updated news or tool in our News Article section as soon as we get any notice related to the same.
Disclaimer: All parts of the information provided over this blog post is “as is” completely for educational purpose. Even each utility/software referred as a removal tool is just a suggestion only. We are not here for any type of guarantee/promises that methods are shown here will work surely on your PC because the situations and conditions on each computer are completely different from another. We are really Sorry if the aforementioned techniques or tools doesn’t help you remove TeleBots . Good luck to you.
Caution Message: Important warning about the ( TeleBots ) threat: To proceed with manual removal process of ( TeleBots ) requires interference with system and registries. Such mistakes can easily damage important system files of PC and crash it for permanent. But, even you if are not so skilled at the professional level yet you can remove ( TeleBots ) in just 5 minutes, using a trusted malware removal tool.
With the last step, you have successfully removed TeleBots from your Windows System. To never experience such malware ( TeleBots ) attack again you need to follow above-mentioned steps correctly.
Download the TeleBots Removal Tool (Plumbytes/Spyhunter links) Now for a Malware-Free PC.