What is WinWrapper Installer?
WinWrapper Installer is a typical and potentially unwanted application (PUA), a kind of malware that albeit safe, is normally undesirable on your system. Most potentially unwanted applications monitor user behavior to unleash focused on pop-up advertisements that criticize PC execution and obstruct the user experience.
Like other potentially unwanted applications, WinWrapper Installer gains entry onto vulnerable machines through client download. At the point when a browser is opened, WinWrapper Installer starts running background under the pretense of a program intended to enhance client experience and usefulness. Tragically, WinWrapper Installer is just captivating in data catch or endeavoring to advertise unwanted products and services.
How did WinWrapper Installer get on my Computer?
WinWrapper Installer is usually bundled with apparently harmless freeware/shareware downloads. It might have discovered its direction onto your PC in any number of ways, including:
- Bundled in the install procedure of other software you install
- Spam email attachments
- Outer media, such as DVD, pen drive, and memory card effectively infected with WinWrapper Installer
- Free downloads given by vindictive sites
- Torrent or bulk upload sites providing free downloads
- Programs providing graphical enhancements, such as desktop themes, mouse pointer icons, backgrounds, emoticons and smileys
- Peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing programs
Symptoms of WinWrapper Installer Infection
- The browser is redirected without user-action
- Unwanted advertisements specially pop-ups start appearing during internet surfing
- New search toolbars appear in browser
- Offers and advertisement for user start appearing
- Change in the browser settings start
Guide to Uninstall WinWrapper Installer Safely and Permanently
Method 1: Manual Removal
Method 2: Download Anti-Malware Scanner and Remove Detected Malware
Description of Method 1– To eliminate the negative impact randomly made by WinWrapper Installer on your PC, manual solution is an effective process to follow. Make sure you get help from a member of your family or any friend who is better than you in computer skills. The reason behind saying this is very important because if you won’t go with the aforementioned suggestion you can crash your system permanently because of a single mistake. For common and novice PC users we recommend to go with Anti-Malware Scanner and completely delete WinWrapper Installer from your computer along with other possibly existing threats.
Step 1 of Method 1– Uninstall the adware program from your Windows system is very important, to do this very important task you need to follow some of the forthcoming steps which are like compulsory to get rid of WinWrapper Installer from your Windows PC. Login with the admin rights on your PC and open the control panel to do the following:-
Access the Control Panel in Win 8 & Win 10:
- Be on the desktop screen, Press Windows Key+X.
- A Quick access menu appears on the screen in which Control Panel is listed.
- Click on the option and you will see control panel window where WinWrapper Installer could be listed. Click to uninstall WinWrapper Installer from there.
Access the Control Panel in Win XP, Win Vista & Win 7
- On the justify bottom of your desktop screen click on the Start button.
- From the Start menu choose, Control Panel to access the settings of your installed programs of your computer system.
- From the list of installed programs, Uninstall the program which you don’t need or you don’t recognize. Also, uninstall WinWrapper Installer if it appears in the list.
- To uninstall such applications are very important for your PC because any suspicious item related with WinWrapper Installer will damage your system again.
- If it asks for confirmation, press OK and continue to uninstall.
Step 2 of Method 1 – Most of the computer experts suggest booting your PC in safe mode with networking while to troubleshoot any kind of Windows PC related issues. Here we suggest the similar approach to get rid of WinWrapper Installer because it will remove the infection from the root folders and files of your system. Here you need to follow the basic instructions that match with your Windows OS version.
How to Start Win 8/Win 10 in Safe Mode with Networking
- First of all, you need to save all your using documents and close all the programs you are using right now because you need to restart your system for this procedure.
- Press and Hold the SHIFT key while you click on the restart button.
- Troubleshooting options will appear on your screen.
- Click the troubleshooting icon, after that Advanced Options icon.
- Go to start up settings icon, click Restart button after it.
- After the Windows get restarted, it will ask to choose a number from a list. Each number prompts a different kind of option. Choose the one that relates to Safe Mode with Networking, usually, it prompts with number 5.
- Once you get login in the Safe Mode, proceed to the next step which is to run a virus scan on your PC.
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking (Windows XP/Vista/7)
- Restart your system and press F8 repeatedly from your keyboard until your screen goes to the Advance option menu.
- From the selection, the menu uses the up/down arrows to select the option for Safe Mode with Networking. Press Enter on the option and proceed.
- Once your PC is running within the safe mode, open your anti-virus program and update it to the latest. Run a scan after it gets installed or if already up to date.
- Let the program scan your PC thoroughly and remove all the identified threats, do not restart or turn it off when the scan is processing.
Scan and Remove WinWrapper Installer
Method 2– The automatic scanner method is the best way for all type of users especially for novice & common users. Just download the scanner run it and it’s done. No need to worry about leftovers created by WinWrapper Installer on your PC.
Step 1 of Method 2– Install the anti-malware scanner to detect all those adware, spyware, toolbar or unwanted programs added by WinWrapper Installer in your infected system.
Once setup file is downloaded, double-click on it and run as admin to install the setup.
Once your scanner is successfully installed, it will launch automatically. You need to click on Scan button in order to detect WinWrapper Installer and other possible threats on your PC.
After the scanning is complete, it will display a result of threats along with WinWrapper Installer . Click on REMOVE SELECTED button on the below to remove WinWrapper Installer and other potentially unwanted programs detected.
Step 2 of Method 2– Scan your PC with another tool which is also an important step to follow. The introduced utility will let you scan and correct Windows registry key errors, fix security bugs and repair system errors as well.
2. Once it is downloaded, install the software as it appears as below. Follow the image and complete the installation of RegCure.
3. After it is downloaded and installed successfully it will automatically launch. You just need to click on System Scan option to cure the malicious entries or changes made by WinWrapper Installer or other malware.
4. Click on Fix All button available in the next window of the program. It is the necessary step to take in order to fix detected errors and malicious keys.
The process to Reset Affected Web Browser (Optional):
Reset settings of Google Chrome:
1. First, you need to open the Google Chrome.
2. In the address bar, you can type – chrome://settings/ and then press Enter. (You can also go to settings with the help of options icon on the right corner of chrome browser.)
3. Go to the advanced settings available at the end of the page.
4. Reach more bottom of the next page and go to Reset Settings, click on it and remove all changes made by ScreenUp.
Reset Internet Explorer Browser:
- Open Internet Explorer browser.
- Go to the top menu and click on Tools > Internet Options.
- After that, Advanced Tab needs to be selected.
- To get all the default settings back to your Internet Explorer, click on the Reset button and get rid of modifications done by ScreenUp.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Click on the Top Menu icon after that select Troubleshooting Information.
- You will see Refresh Firefox option, click on that and erase all the effects of WinWrapper Installer on Mozilla browser.
WinWrapper Installer Features – How to Turn them ON
Google Chrome’s protection from Dangerous Sites–
With the help of Google Chrome’s Dangerous site protection feature, the browsing of yours will be the lesser risk over the web. It will automatically display a warning if you visit any suspicious thing. In a similar way, WinWrapper Installer and various other adware categorized threats could be easily prevented to get enter in your PC.
To activate such settings follow these steps:
- Open Google Chrome
- Go to the settings with the help of settings option or typing – chrome://settings/ in the address bar.
- After going to the settings page, opt for advanced settings.
- Locate Privacy section and mark the option that says- “Protect you and your device from dangerous sites.”
- After such changes within the settings menu, all you will need is to restart Google Chrome.
Activate Internet Explorer’s SmartScreen Filter –
Microsoft has enabled the SmartScreen filter option within its IE 8 & 9 version. It mostly helps to detect phishing websites and stop to automatically download malicious programs like WinWrapper Installer . To turn on the SmartScreen feature within your IE follow these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer
- On the Top, Menu chooses Tools (IE9). For IE8 please look into Safety
- There you can easily see SmartScreen Filter from the drop-down list and click to Turn on the SmartScreen Filter.
- Restart IE to appear effects.
Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries in Mozilla Firefox
Mozilla Firefox version 3 or later has inbuilt Phishing and Malware Protection that warns you to access any page at it have phishing content or such kind of website which is designed to drop WinWrapper Installer or similar threats. Please follow this guide to keep yourself safe while browsing-
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Click on Open Menu. After that Options from its list.
- Select Security and click on the check box of these following options.
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries
MS Edge Browser
Microsoft Edge Browser – Activate SmartScreen Filter
SmartScreen filter is a built-in feature in Microsoft Edge browser (just like Internet Explorer 8, 9 etc.) It will easily help in protecting your system from malicious programs like WinWrapper Installer etc.
- Open Microsoft Edge browser
- You can see More Actions button located at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select the Settings options from the drop-down list.
- Under Settings menu, visit Advanced Settings and click View Advanced Settings.
- Scroll down to this option – “help protect my PC from malicious sites and downloads with SmartScreen Filter”. Click to turn it ON.
- You can now restart your Microsoft Edge
Caution Message: Important warning about the (ScreenUp) threat: To proceed with manual removal process of (ScreenUp) requires interference with system and registries. Such mistakes can easily damage important system files of PC and crash it for permanent. But, even you if are not so skilled at the professional level yet you can remove (ScreenUp) in just 5 minutes, using a trusted malware removal tool.
Conclusion: With the last step, you have successfully removed WinWrapper Installer from your Windows System. To never experience such malware (ScreenUp) attack again you need to follow above-mentioned steps correctly.
Download the ScreenUp Removal Tool (Plumbytes/Spyhunter links) Now for a Malware-Free PC.